Sunday, September 4, 2011

Amphibians & Reptiles

Tuesday morning I was strolling along the sidewalk out to my car and as I looked down I saw two frogs on the sidewalk. I am not a fan of frogs. Tree frogs are cute because they are tiny and behind thick glass at the zoo and or aquarium. These were not cute frogs. They were big (bodies approximately four inches) and they were definitely not behind glass! As I got closer I noticed that they were dead, and their insides were hanging out reminiscent of 8th grade biology (someone's dog got to them I think). NOT the way you want to start your day! I can't decided if it was better that they were dead or if I would have preferred them being alive. If they would have been alive and hopping toward me, I may have screamed and that is not the way you want to meet the neighbors screaming your head off because of some frogs. But if they would have been alive, I may not have every seen them and I would have no idea that frogs are lurking around my apartment. Unfortunately there are now spots on the concrete from their carcasses, and so every time I walk by I get a reminder of gross dead frogs.

Thursday (or maybe it was Friday) I was beginning to get over the trauma of the dead frogs when upon returning home from work I see a lizard, A LIZARD!! scurrying away from my front door and over to the stairs. Frogs are worse than the little lizard (about 5 inches long) but frogs, snakes and lizards are the worst! I do not like creepy crawly things or things that are slimy and hop. I am now afraid of what I will see when I leave/return to my house.

I will come completely unhinged if I see a snake on my walk between the apartment and my car. I may be on the next plane out of this place if that happens!

No comments: