Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Laugh or Cry?

I am not really sure if I should laugh or cry. It has just been one of those weeks... you know the kind where you have a million things going on every day and it is somewhat difficult to keep track of everything going on. The kind of weeks where you are grateful for things like your BlackBerry, Google Calendars and Microsoft Outlook, because without them things would definitely fall through the cracks. Add to the end of the semester craziness one of your best friends having heart surgery and some family drama and it has been one AWESOME week! (insert loads of sarcasm here).

In typical fashion not only have I got school work and crazy personal things going on, but I have also (without thinking, obviously) been nominated and/or volunteered to head up a few school activities as well as host a potluck this week. I knew today was going to be super busy and my scheduling had to be just right or something was going to fall through the cracks. I had a group meeting scheduled until 6 pm, but I knew I would need to duck out a little early as I had a finance review session at 5pm and a club meeting where I was responsible for the treats at 6. I decided last night that I just couldn't swing the finance review session at 5 and get the treats on time so I decided that I would leave my team meeting at 5 and run to the store to get the treats and be back on campus around 5:45 to make sure I had enough time to set out the treats before the speaker arrived.

Thankfully me team got done a few minutes early so things were looking good. I headed off to the store to get treats and just as I was getting in my car with the last of the treats to head back to school I got an email on my phone. I checked the message and this is what it said,

Connie, Not sure if we missed you or you forgot, but we didn't see you in 264 tonight. Bryce

I quickly responded with:

"Please tell me it wasn't at 5! I thought it was at 6 and was just picking up the treats! I had it on my calendar for 6"

Apparently sometimes even with a BlackBerry, Google Calendar and Outlook, you can miss important events, especially when you put the time in wrong. I am sure that I will some day think this was funny, (I can see the humor in it now but it isn't funny yet) but right now I kind of just want to cry.

Lesson to be learned - you can't be everywhere and do everything....some day I will actually remember this.

I sure hope your day was better than mine!

3 comments:

Double B - Why a Heart? said...

Connie, sorry your day was so ruff, but that "messing up on the time" thing was funny, sad, but funny, you will laugh one day really hard at that. I hope things are better. Love ya!

Colleen said...

I totally know that feeling. It sucks, but at the same time nothing you can do about it so I hope you enjoyed your hour (or whatever) that suddenly became unscheduled!! :)

Palmer Family said...

I love ya and hope you have a better day!