Monday, August 11, 2008

Why are you talking?

Why is it that some people think it is okay to be chatting early in the morning? I am not a morning person, nor do I pretend to be. In fact for my last 2 years of college I didn't have classes in "the single digits" (before 10 am). So I don't really get why people feel it is necessary to talk to one another prior to 8 am. (A quick "good morning" may be acceptable, that is it!)

Why am I telling you this, you may be asking? Well, last Friday morning my roommate needed a ride to the airport at 4:30 AM!! While 4:30 is early I figured that I could get up and drive her to the airport and then come home and go back to sleep for a few hours before going to work. Not a big deal. So Friday "morning" (it was pitch black outside, not even a hint of the rising sun) rolls around and we were off to the airport. I was hoping for a relatively quiet ride to the airport - you know, half asleep, no talkng, maybe a mumbled word or two. The thing is Kara is a morning person and she was WAY chatty Friday morning. Both of my roommates are morning people and really chatty. WHAT is wrong with them! Bless their hearts. I wanted to say "Why are talking!?" but I didn't. I was just too tired.

Why do people think that early in the morning is a good time for talking? Don't they know that most of us don't have all of our neurons firing? We are trying to just function and keep our eyes open, not really in the mood to talk about politics or work, not even idle chit chat.

So before you launch into a story early in the morning, think twice, make sure the person(s) that you are speaking to are morning people. Those of us who are not will thank you for your courtesy.

No comments: