Sunday, February 8, 2009

Why is it....

Yesterday I had my haircut and it looked really great. Today when I did my hair using the very same products and styling tools my hair does not look nearly so great. Why does my hair always looks fabulous when my stylist does it, but less so when I do it?

Also why is it that winter, particularly January and February, makes me so grumpy? Honestly, I typically am in a perpetually bad mood in January, which is typically winter blues. However this year I have been in a really bad mood, hating (or at least strongly disliking) everyone and everything. What is wrong with me!? I am trying to find things that make me happy, even if it is for 5 minutes, and it has been sort of successful. I have found good things each day, but I am seriously struggling this winter. Exercising makes me happy, because "exercising releases endorphins and endorphins make (me) happy." (name the movie...) I have also found that talking to family members also makes me happy. I love my family. They are great! Eating brownies made in skillets with my dear friend Kara also makes me happy. Friends are awesome. I even stumbled upon a great quote by Proust. It says “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” Thanks to all of you who make my soul bloom when I am feeling down, sad or lonely. I really do have amazing friends! I have also found that a great haircut (see previous paragraph)make me happy as well as the movie "He's Just Not That Into You." I loved that movie. It made me laugh and it also made me think. I enjoyed it although some of my friends that I saw it with did not enjoy it.

Amongst my search for happiness, I have found that looking for internships does not equal good moods, and are very counter to my being in a good mood. The more time I spend on that the grumpier I get. But at the same time, I really need to find an internship. Such a vicious cycle! Maybe it would help if I actually knew what I wanted to be when I grow up. I need so much help it is ridiculous.

3 comments:

Kara Lee Robinson said...

I wish I knew how to help Con!! I think you are absolutely amazing and credit much of my sanity and happiness to you! We just need to play more often. I'm in for something on Valentine's Day if it's okay for me to join. I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Kelsey said...

I feel you... January and February are miserable months. And my birthday is even in January! Perhaps 2009 is just not a great year, because this year has been harder than most. I just keep thinking, "Everything will be better when Spring comes. Hold out for March."

p.s. Legally Blonde - I love that line!

Palmer Family said...

I hope that spring comes quickly for you! We had to combat winter blues in our house with daylight bulbs. That way we fooled ourselves into thinking their was natural "light" coming in our windows. :)