Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Me!


I love the symphony! And thanks to my student status and subsequent lack of money, I get a student discount when attending the Utah Symphony. For just $8 (less than the price of a movie) I can attend the symphony. However I haven't really taken advantage of this limited perk of being a student because it is hard to convince my non-student friends to fork out the $50 that a regular ticket costs to go with me. From time to time I do go to the Utah Symphony's website to check out what they are playing. Last time I checked (early January when I should have been doing my homework) I found that they were performing Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons," one of my very favorite orchestral pieces. I asked my roommates if they wanted to go with me and they both did, so on Thursday, which coincidentally happened to be my 1/2 birthday, we went to the symphony and it was fantastic. I love it. Here is a picture of the roommies and me @ Abrovenal Hall. Sadly the lady who took our picture thought we wanted the entire sculputre in the background, so she took it at an up angle and we all look much chubbier than we really are(We don't really have double chins :) ) I guess it goes to show that beggars can't be choosers.

No comments: