Monday, October 13, 2008

Hot Air Balloon Ride - Sort of

A few weeks ago we went on a hot air balloon "ride" for FHE. Apparently a girl in our ward has an uncle who owns a hot air balloon business and he agreed to take us up in his balloon. I was going to pass on the whole experience, given my all consuming homework/class schedule and my paralyzing fear of heights. However I decided that I was going to suck up my fear of heights and give riding in a hot air balloon a whirl. The hot air balloon adventure turned out to be less of a ride and more of a vertical rise up to just above the treetops and back down. We were tethered to the ground the whole time so I was totally fine. I felt safe in the hot air balloon too. I would definitely do it again. Julina had the unfortunate position of being down wind from the controller's arm pit. The whole experience was a little less enjoyable for her.
Here are some pics of this adventure

1. Filling the balloon

2. Still more filling the balloon

3. Julina and I before we jumped in the hot air balloon

4. Sunset as we were in the balloon

5. Julina and I in the balloon - please excuse the double chin, I have yet to master the skill of taking self-portraits without it looking like I have a double chin... better luck next time I guess.
.

No comments: