Monday, October 13, 2008

National Society for Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA)


Yes, I know I am not Hispanic, but apparently you can be any ethnicity and still be a member of NSHMBA
(NA-SHIM-BA). So I am a card carrying member of NSHMBA and I went to their annual conference and career fair this past week in Atlanta, GA. BYU gave us Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off of class in order to attend the conference, of course that meant that I had to miss out on Homecoming and yet another BYU football game, but I guess I will have to manage. I'll take the 78 degrees in Atlanta over the snow in UT any day! Apparently last year's students landed most of their internships as a result of NSHMBA so they thought we should go. Unfortunately this year it wasn't quite as successful (at least as far as I know, but the jury is still out.)

I did have a second interview with General Mills in their consumer insights group. It went okay, but it was definitely not by best performance. If nothing else, it was good practice. It never hurts to get practice interviewing and polishing skills that will hopefully land me an internship. I did have my picture taken with the Pillsbury Doughboy (Pillsbury is owned by General Mills). Too bad I look a lot like the Pillsbury Doughboy in the picture :( I guess I need to work on my modeling poses and need to hit the gym a little more regularly.

I did find out that BYU is now one of the 3 schools that L'Oreal recruits from for Marketing MBA students, which is super exciting. A cosmetics company would be awesome!!! Plus they own "The Body Shop" one of my favorite stores ever. It would be fantastic to work for them in London.

No comments: