Monday, October 13, 2008

More Adventures in Atlanta

After Friday, I had spoken with all of the companies exhibiting that I was interested in working for as well as several others that I am not interested in working for, so another day at the World Congress Center was not top on my list of things to do. I did switch to my flats (although I think they did as much damage to my feet as my heels) and spent a few hours at the conference Saturday morning. Fortunately many other students felt the same way I did. We decided to cut the conference short and spend Saturday afternoon exploring Atlanta and seeing the sights. After all most of us had booked our flights for late Saturday night as the conference was scheduled to go until 6 pm.

A group of us headed off to the Coca-Cola museum and the Georgia Aquarium (th
e largest in the US) for a day of sight-seeing. I really enjoyed the Coca-Cola museum and trying all of the different soft drinks they sell around the world. One soda sold in Latin America tasted like a green apple Jolly Rancher and the Pine Nut soda sold in Africa (Tanzinia, I think) was surprisingly tasty. Most of the beverages were at least palatable, in fact most were surprisingly tasty. However DO NOT drink "Beverly" when in Italy! It is SERIOUSLY disgusting. It is made with the "bitters of grapefruit rind" SO NASTY!!!!

In the Coke Museum they show a cartoon documentary of "The Happiness Factory" about what goes into the making of Coca-Cola. It is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen (and a little risque I might add.) They have these creepy creatures kissing the coke bottles. (We later found
out that they are "Love Puppies" and we had our picture taken with it so you can see for yourselves). The bottling process was fun to watch (perhaps I can get extra credit for my operations class) and I loved watching all of the old Coke commercials (Marketing extra credit anyone? Coca Cola is the #1 brand in the world after all.)

After the Coke Museum and lunch at the CNN center food court, we headed over to the Aquarium. I have to say that I didn't really love the Aquarium. It may have had something to do wit
h the massive crowds of people or the fact that I just am not that interested in fish and things that live in the water. I do have to admit that the whale sharks were pretty cool and otters are always my favorite (I didn't take any pictures of them however because there were just too many people in the way and I just wanted out of all of the crowds.)


Like I have said, it was great to get away and to not stress out about school or homework for 5 whole days. It was bliss (however sharing a double bed with my roommate Julina, was not.) I was happy to get home late Saturday/early Sunday to sleep in my queen size bed - alone.


2 comments:

A-Mart (A is for Awesome!) said...

Three things:

1) Oh. My. Holy. Fetch. I don't read your blog for three days, and all the sudden I'm four behind?! Dear Connie, Please warn me when you will post four blogs in one day. Jokes only though! Good stuff!

2) Sign me up for business school.. many single girls in a pool of single guys.. I like my chances (kinda).

3) I'd like to point out that in the aquarium picture there is a sign that says "Stay off the Rocks" while you are all four, either sitting, or leaning against said rocks.

Kelsey said...

Sounds like Atlanta was fun... although I can't imagine tromping around in heels for that long without dying. I love the pictures from the Target party... you all look a little drunk. :-) Bless your hearts...