Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hooray for Vacation!

This is going to be a really quick post, but since I get really annoyed when other people don't update their blogs, I guess it is only fair that I update mine on occasion....

This past weekend Asa (my little brother) and I decided to skip school on Friday and make the 10 hour drive home to Richland, WA to watch Joe play some football. For the last 3 years I have gone home for the "Richland-Hanford" football game. Richland and Hanford are the two high schools in Richland are rivals, so it makes for a fun game. I wasn't going to go this year as I am once again a poor starving student and the MBA program takes up ALL of my life. But Asa convinced me to go. He really wanted to go, doesn't have a car, and frankly I needed a break. Especially since I had a mini breakdown this past week. (More on that another day...)

Anyway I had a great time watching Joe, although sitting in the pouring rain was not as much fun
(Big thanks goes out to my roommate, Julina, for lending me her umbrella!) the 20-21 loss was kind of sad and the announcer was so annoying and biased that I honestly considered writing a letter to the editor about how annoying he was (As an aside you know you are old when you consider writing a letter to the editor. I am SO lame. :) ) It was great to relax and blow off homework for the entire weekend (I guess I did crack open my operations homework, and did my finance homework in the car.) It was definitely just what I needed.

Thanks Mom, Dad, Joe, Lauren & Arina for good times and for just letting me sit and chill for the weekend.

ASA you are the best for convincing me to go. It was great chatting with you for hours and hours in the car. Sorry I was really kind of grouchy toward the end. Also Rhonda, Kelsey, Sam and Jared it was great to see you too. I love hanging with you and your adorable kids.

I have to get some sleep now, but look forward to my posts on hot air balloon rides, my trip to Atlanta and the joys of a 2 day school week. Oh yeah, and hopefully I will remember to take pictures with my camera and not just take my camera with me. (I do have hot air balloon pictures though.)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Kara Lee Robinson said...

I'm so glad you were able to take a break! You deserve it! Sorry to hear about a break down. Let me know about those sooner...like when they are happening. ;) Not that I can do anything but at least I can try. You are amazing!